Rock drowns tears well. 

Slow burn or howling screams. 

The beats of the drums crowding with guitar pangs tear apart and stitch it all together.

I am whole again.

Solace.


'With or without you.'

I am here. 

Too many words.

Curses hurled over my head.

'Wonderwall' protects my sanity.


No man's land. They don't understand. I don't wanna make them. Too tired to explain myself. They judge nevertheless. Kindness  is a lie. Jibes hurt only too much. Self-respect and infatuations fight tooth and nail. In the end, panic wins.


Disco lights and conundrum.

I run scared through walls in tunnels in prolonged nightmares. 

I can't protect her from the one she chose to love, in sickness and in health. .

Faith is fickle.

My abuelita tells me it will all be okay. I want to believe her. I do.

I close my eyes and count to ten. Hide my silent sobs in her quiet prayers.


Cashmere sleeves hide her scars. 

Turn up the volume. 'Your body's a wonderland.'

I think she's going deaf. 

Abuses can't reach her anymore.

Rock and roll can take a caffeine break. 

For now. .


#reverie


From the archives, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"