Hey, summer's here again

The days are getting unbearably warm

And the nights lonelier

I saw you scribbling melancholic poetry again

Do you still go on those super long walks of yours 

Each longer than the day before

They help you clear your mind you said

Your mind

Your mind with those labyrinthine alleys and bylanes

Cobbled streets of unsurety with potholes of despair

I wonder if you get lost often in the corner-cafés of your over-wrought mind

I miss you. 


The mountain air has a certain chilly forgiveness in her breath

I visit her to unburden my soul

She listens quietly never judging nor complaining

Sometimes that is all we need

A quiet empath, a kindred heart

She listens as I forgive myself over and over again

I try to forget the kernels of the past 

And look for fresh starts everytime

She smiles indulgently and whispers in sighs

It's gonna be alright. 


I feel a strong craving for dosa this morning

He laughs at my pouty request and obliges with a smile

As I park my bike near the fence of the Udupi canteen

I feel a light breeze pass me by

With each sip of the filter coffee

And every crunchy bite of the dosa

I travel back to the sunny shores of Kaveri again

I look back with a misty smile. 


Leaving is hard no doubt

Waiting perhaps harder

Staying is so much easier when your heart finds his home

Let me stay. 


#reverie


 From the archives April 4, 2021

 #napowrimo2021


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"