Words are so overrated

I've been talking non-stop for years

I see you, and I am stringing word after word trying to put sense into these half thought-out feelings

But I am not really speaking, you see

What a wonderfully tragic conundrum

Here we are saying all these inconsequential things

Repeated chain of words

Over and over again

It's lost all meaning

We talk yet we rarely connect anymore

All these layers of sentences

Years of pretence

Now I can't even distinguish between the facade and the crux

When did the facade become me

And I lost myself along the way

Down the alley of scripted words

I just wanted to say

No, I didn't wanna say anything

I just wanted to look at you

Into your eyes long enough to connect

I wish you'd give me a little time

Just pause for a moment right here and just look

Wait a minute and just look

Long enough to see what I really mean

Not everything can be put into words

'Cause sometimes we don't have the right words

Sometimes we don't even know what it is that we want to be known

But it's so important

So important to let you know

Let someone know

To see

To hear 

To feel

Words have stopped making sense

Just like this long woven rant

This is me

This is you

This is us

Can you see it without being told what to see and what to hear

Time's stopped for us

This is a brief hiatus

We are here

Hear us out


#reverie


From the Archives

May 23, 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"