I wish you'd write me a eulogy

I'm so tired of being just an afterthought

A careless doodle on the margin

Wrecklessly forlorn

On some days it doesn't matter

But on days like these

It seems so utterly important somehow

To matter 


I don't often peg you as a sentimentalist

Far from it

But darling, even Hades fell for Persephone

Or so I like to believe


Swirling into the wintry mists

Like a foggy remnant of promised escapades

I whisper your name often into the night air

Hoping to catch you unawares for a brief moment


I wish you'd write me a eulogy

Even if it's a lie

Perhaps the adieu will hold the words of affection I so craved to hear from your lips

Let the ink bleed the unsaid lies

Betrayer hunter fool

Romanticising death as the future threatens to tear us apart


I wish you'd write me a eulogy


#reverie

12/9/2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"