There has to be more. There has to be more to us than this feeling. Of despair and dread. If only I didn't feel this need to beg. Moving out of the rooms not meant for me and shutting and locking the doors for good. Not looking back. My sanity shouldn't be a switch in their hands. It hurts in so many places. Places I've forgotten names of. Places where I couldn't even bleed if they held a knife at. Unraveling the threads, bare bodied and glorious. Poetry, words and honey dripping from her tongue. Caged birds forgotten to fly. Never knew the taste of freedom. Haunted and wanted. I just wanted to be held. In prayers and sins, engraved on your heart. Too many questions? I only wanted to know. The weight pulls me under. The waves rush over. Drowning, mourning, celestial love. If not this, then what else? If not us, then nobody ever. Promise? No. Swear on the wind beneath his wings. I choose you. Over and over again. 

#reverie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"