Running in circles playing the never-ending blame game

The victim or the villain

Why me?

Self-loathing and denial

Deceptions and betrayals

Broke all ethics

Lost to myself

I give up

Hold my hands up in surrender

Hang me at the altar of your witch-hunt

Coward, bully, lover, foe

We were never really friends

My bloody hands and broken back

Laying down the weight of your anger

Push me down the stairs of your tower

Throw the lies out the window

Barren hearth, haunted house

Don't you dare bring her home

Parlour tricks and expensive gifts

Fooled me twice with those eyes

Kingdom of ghosts haunt me now

Wicked wishes unholy thoughts

May you live long, may you thrive

You know how things could have been worse

Always on my mind never gone

Best intentions etched on my tomb

Gather my bones and write a song

Someday perhaps you'll grow a spine

Come to me then when you're not afraid

Till then my love, go to hell.


#reverie


Dec 22, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"