I can't find the door to this panic room. Stuck in a perpetual limbo. 

Where is the damn switch when you need to turn it off. For some it might seem like rush hour traffic but here in the drumroll of my headspace there is a constant red light looming infront. The cacophony of doubts, blaring horns of failure and what-ifs blur the effect of tranquilisers. 

Deep breaths. 

A sip of water. 

There, there. 

Crack. The whip of maybes and nervous laughter are seeping through the crannies. 

Stop it. Quick. 

Bleed, bleed onto the ravines of despair. 

Anxiety is my little sister who keeps hiding behind me and holds onto my fingers with a frantic, tight grip. 

I hold her tight in my arms. Whisper softly to her, "Shh my darling, it'll be alright."


#reverie


From the archives, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"