With a wisp of smoke and a sip of wine

A cup of raw emotions and a half sung line

Lost in a trance and dreaming of romance

But I couldn't hold your gaze it was too much too soon

Here with a binder full of expectations and charts of possibilities

While I lay drunk on sugar-coated economic propositions

Bitter blue of your tongue as it lashed through my veins

I exalted in the pain and nothingness of it all

Looked up at the ceiling and saw galaxies dancing on cobwebs

You and me and him and her

So close yet so very far

Blood song in my ears again

Come to haunt me through nights of velvet

Here I am and next moment gone

Hold me tight 

Hush don't break my bones

Or break them for all I care

My heart my bones my spirit my soul

I am not here not really

You and I and I and me


#reverie


From the archives

19/1/2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"