Before I go, I wanted to write you a thank you note. 

For all the times that you knowingly or unknowingly extended a hand

Kindness is a rare but precious gift

Each time you go the extra mile for someone

You don't know it but it matters

A smile here, a word of encouragement there

That one time you sat with me through the silence

Even a late night voice note can equal a warm hug on a really cold night

You didn't know it then but I had been crying the whole day and was almost on the verge of giving up when the phone chimed 

You had called to tell me how your dog threw up on your carpet and ruined your new leather shoes

That little anecdote had made me smile

The other evening when you initiated a conference call 'cause you knew it was Mother's Day and I would be feeling sad

The little things which may seem so inconsequential at the moment make all the difference. 

So when I go to bed tonight and think of facing tomorrow, I don't feel so hopeless 

Because I know out there, there are people, people like you and me

Maybe tomorrow won't be so bad

Maybe not tomorrow but the day after tomorrow, things will get a little better

And if not, we will be there for each other

After all, people are our anchors

I promise, even if just for tonight, I promise not to let go. 

Not yet. 


#reverie


From the archives, 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"