"If the sun don't shine on me today

And if the subways flood and bridges break

Will you lay yourself down and dig your grave

Or will you rail against the dying day?"


When I stand on the precipice of nothing and everything, the scream inside doesn't often translate to anything on the surface.

I miss you, but I miss my innocence more. The naive, easy-going believer of lies. Always looking at the silver lining. Where did she go? She breathed her last that fateful night when the world tore her wings from her body while she bore it all in silent agony. Pleas were shed in bloody tears. Deceitful world, burn my city to charrs. 

I swear it gets better, they said. Words. More lies. But what if this time we choose differently? What if we make sure to write our story the way we want it to pan out? Hearts, flowers, guns, glory, music, poetry et-al? We make it better. For your sake and mine. 

Thoughts?

#reverie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"