I've done my penance

My sins accounted for

Cried blood tears for every soul I hurt knowingly or otherwise

She didn't hear my sorry excuses, no, Karma doesn't take no prisoners for free

Served my time 

Humbled I kneel

Was drowning from the guilt of inflicted pain

Were your intentions pure?

Can you testify at her altar?

To all those who wronged her 

She'll hunt you down 

Break your insolent pride

All the scars you carved on my back 

Lies, crocodile tears, adulterer's insolence

How replaceable and small you made me feel

Never trust a wordsmith

They'll break you apart and blame you for the cracks

Hiding behind words 

Recycling old letters

Reused, recycled, rejected

Insecurity, jealousy, overthinking

Cycle of hurt

I hope you never hand over your keys again

I hope never to hold a knife again

Break the curse 

Brush off the dust

Never again

They'll get what they deserve like you did

Dash all false hopes

Promises of Neverland only led to Wonderland

And who wants to be Alice again?

You're the only one who remembered anyway

Forgotten, replaced and trodden on

Enough.


#reverie

Dec 28, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"