I could cry me a river 

Hold my hand and count to three

Breathe in your wintry smugness

Delight in the eggnog and marshmallow hugs

I could drink myself to merriment or madness

Lament your name and whisper it into the wind

Lick and savour each drop of cheer

Ring in the bells of shallow love

Hymns of tomorrow fogging my mind

She is slightly touched in the head

A smile so warm to melt your sorrows

Arms so strong to witness your vigour

Fearless, fearful, carelessly careful

I am free tonight 

Dancing in my socks to her cavalier tune

Take me by surprise by the sudden daylight

Here I find heartsease 

Here I find melancholic repose

Lost and found in my own reverie

I catch myself as I fall into place.


- Persephone


December 17th, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"আলোর জাহাজ ফিরব ঘর আজ, বল না কতদূর?"